Tuesday 16 October 2007

Why Blog Cross-Centredly? Part 3

Reason 3: To Focus My Heart


It's been a while since I last posted, I apologise for those who've been waiting for the next part of this series. One of the most scary things about beginning a blog is the temptation to do too much. You want readers, so you want to post interesting and exciting posts regularly. Or do you?

Augustine said that he wrote to learn. I wonder how many bloggers would agree with that. I know whenever I have to prepare something for someone else I end up learning much more than they do.

Now this all sounds hopelessly selfish, and it is not my only motivation (as I will go on to explain in coming posts). However, there is something about writing which helps us learn a great deal.

I found in considering what to write here as this blog continues to grow that my own thoughts have been focused more on the cross. How great a thing the cross is, but how quick I, a feeble human being, will often forget about it. Writing a blog that openly proclaims to be cross-centred in everything it does will hopefully constantly rebuke me from going a different way. There are many foolish distortions of Christianity we often into, where we hero worship sound men and women or desire to show our own greatness. None of this can happen if we look at the cross.

How good it will be for my soul if I am regularly having to draw my focus again to the cross. I pray that many of you will join me in this too. Let's consider every blog in it's light. In fact let's consider everything it's light I hope. But let's get our stubborn heart under control. Write with the cross in central view that we may

This blog is the third part of a series of blogs entitled "Why Blog Cross-Centredly?". Keep an eye on this blog for the next answer to this question "Part 3: To Focus My Heart" by subscribing to our feed.